Friday, December 4, 2009

First blog post!

Wow, I have a blog. That's so weird. As you have probably figured out, I started it for the small business I am about to start, selling wallets (and other accessories) made out of plastic bags. But I will probably be including some separate projects too.

So first an intro to me: Carly. I like to make things (obviously) and my current favorite is making wallets out of plastic bags. So surprising, I know. I also have an obsession with drawing celtic knots. (Well, what else would you do during math class?) Music is extremely important to me. I can play the guitar and piano, I sing in a choir and am taking voice lessons. I adore the Beatles, Pomplamoose, Imogen Heap, Kate Nash, Elton John, and many many more. I'm also a huge geek. I love internet culture, Star Trek, and science fiction in general. I adore British humor, I'm a huge fan of Monty Python, the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy and Eddie Izzard (thank you Janice!). Some of my other favorite things include: Japanese food, awesome jackets, hats, shiny objects with unknown origins, ThreadBanger (duh), parentheses, internet friends, and interestingly colored plastic bags.

Good transition :D My Etsy shop WILL be open by winter break. I have an account, but I want to start out with at least ten wallets. And I need a logo and banner.
As soon as I get a good rhythm with my etsy shop, I want to start selling them at a certain store in San Francisco. The owner was impressed with my wallet when I shopped there. Woot!

So yes. This is gonna be fun, and I'm really excited! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment